Health insurance protects you and your loved ones should you need medical care. Below, we explore how much health insurance is in Florida, and how you can keep the costs down.
What Is Health Insurance?
Health insurance is an agreement between you and an insurance company. With a health insurance policy, the insurer agrees to pay all (or some) of your medical expenses if you fall ill or need medical care. In exchange for cover, you pay monthly premiums.
Without health insurance, you could struggle to pay for medical treatment.
What Is the Cost of Health Insurance in Florida?
There’s no single cost of health insurance in Florida. Health insurance costs vary depending on, for example, your ZIP code, medical history, and copays.
- You can find basic health insurance cover in Florida starting from around $200 per month. Basic packages cover you for medical emergencies but they may not be suitable if you have more complex needs.
- On average, you could pay around $467 per month for a health plan in Florida.
- It costs, on average, $7,389 a year per person for health insurance in Florida.
These figures are only estimates; you should shop around for quotes to find the best plan for you.
Is Health Insurance Expensive in Florida?
Florida health insurance costs can be high. However, according to research, the baseline costs are in line with what Americans pay across the US.
There’s one exception, and that’s employee health insurance. In Florida, workers pay among the highest premiums in the country. Relatively speaking, health insurance does work out fairly expensive in Florida.
How Can I Reduce the Cost of Health Insurance in Florida?
If you’re looking to control the cost of your health insurance, here are some tips.
- Increase your deductible (the amount you pay for treatment before your insurance kicks in). Higher deductibles usually mean lower monthly payments because you’re paying more for treatment out of your own pocket.
- Explore whether it’s cheaper to insure your family on the one plan with a single renewal date rather than having different family members on their own separate plans.
- Review your policy before agreeing to medical treatment. There may be cheaper alternatives available to you, depending on your level of cover.
Always contact professional insurance agents for advice. Our team understands the marketplace and we know how to source the best quotes for our customers.
Learn More About Florida Health Insurance Costs
The cost of health insurance Florida largely depends on the level of cover you need and how many people are covered by your policy. At Healthedly, our team will work with you to determine the cover you need and we can help you explore the plans available. Whether you’re looking for a new policy after moving out of state, or you wish to enroll in a new plan, we can support you.
Check out the Florida health insurance plans available to residents now!